Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Received this message in the mail today..... the love is spreading!!


Hearing a knock at the door I peeked out the window,  “another solicitor” I thought. As I opened the door Michael nervously started to tell me he was a vet recently laid off from his job. He continued to tell me he was homeless and temporarily staying at the U.S. Mission House not far away. Part of his “work” was to look for work Monday through Friday and help with an annual neighborhood canvass to seek donations to support the U.S. Mission House in exchange for room and board. 
I asked him if I could hire him for a job and of course he said yes. Returning with a package of Love Project postcards, I gave him money and handed the postcards to him. I explained the package contained six blessing cards and his job was to give the cards out. Michael asked “who do I give them to?” and I replied “whomever you feel needs a blessing.”  Astonished, Michael broke out in a big smile and said, “I get it, like playing it forward. You have just made my day knowing I can give something back.”  I laughed and thought this really is a wonderful way to bring light to not only one person, but also to six others who will be the recipient of a blessing card from Michael.  As it turns out, he was the one who really made my day! 
~ Christine, San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment